F Ben Mendelsohn On The Rumor He's In Star Wars: Rogue One | Galactic News One

Ben Mendelsohn On The Rumor He's In Star Wars: Rogue One


Last week word got out that Animal Kingdom, The Dark Knight Rises, and Bloodline actor Ben Mendelsohn could be on his way into becoming one with the force in Godzilla's director Gareth Edward's upcoming Star Wars standalone film, Rogue One, which already stars Academy Award nominee actress Felicity Jones in the leading female role.

Now while speaking to Entertainment Weekly the actor was asked a series of questions beginning with whether the rumor is true or not.

I’m absolutely not sure about any of this at all. It sounds great, and certainly—Wouldn’t that be nice?

Disney seems keen on handling all the announcements themselves so even if it were true that the actor was either onboard or in negotiations to, it wouldn't be he that would announce it, but the studio.

Mendelsohn was also asked whether the original trilogy had made an impact on him growing up in Australia.

Enormous. Enormous! I mean, enormous! I’m the kid who had the whole set of trading cards. Enormous! I mean, I was born in 1969. The first one comes out in what, ‘77? The first Star Wars film was an enormously important. I grew up right smack-bang in the sweet spot of all of those. It’s true cinema magic. It’s fair to say that as a kid I would have been very happy to be Han Solo, and I would have been happy to have gone out with Princess Leia. If I could have had Chewie at my side through some difficult times, forget about it.

Though it's true that everyone was excited with Episode I, it pales in comparison with the first time that iconic opening crawl hit the big screen.

Finally, Mendelsohn reiterated his love for the franchise, and his availability to star in it.

It’s hard to overstate what a big deal that initial trilogy was for me, so certainly any talk of anything, I’d be thrilled if they were thinking about stuff like that. I heard about all of this hoopla yesterday or something. Who knows? Certainly, that would be very exciting.

Star Wars: Rogue One hits theaters on December 16, 2016.

Source - EW

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment