F Hugh Jackman Talks Wolverine “Inevitable” Recasting | Galactic News One

Hugh Jackman Talks Wolverine “Inevitable” Recasting


The live action X-Men movie franchise is one of the longest running movie franchises ever, celebrating its fourteenth birthday this year with the return of director Bryan Singer (who started it all) at the helm of the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Back in 2000, Bryan Singer’s X-Men not only solidify the superhero movie genre but also gave us something else, or should I say someone else. Actor Hugh Jackman has been one of the pillars of the genre, thanks to his outstanding performance has Wolverine not only in the X-Men movies, but also in the stand alone ones, and at this point we couldn’t see anyone else playing the character other than Jackman.

Unfortunately however the actor doesn’t share his movie alter-ego regenerative abilities, so in the near future, and much to our heart’s discontent, the role (if still “hot”) will be passed down.

While on the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past, IGN asked the actor if there ever was a conversation about casting another actor to play the younger Wolverine.

“I’m sure they had the discussion. They didn’t mention it to me, obviously! [Laughs] Look, that’s inevitable, man. Anyone who thinks they’re indispensable in this business is fooling themselves. But I feel unbelievably blessed to have this part. I never thought in a million years I’d get to play him seven times. Every day I walk on the set with the claws and the hair, I thank my lucky stars. I don’t take any of it for granted. To think that in a second version we’d have this cast and this director, and you guys don’t know the script, but I would say probably the best script of all of them, is pretty amazing. I think that’s why I’m still here. I’m sure by the way, that it won’t always be my decision to always be here. At some point, someone will close the door on me… [Laughs].”

X-Men: Days of Future Past stars James McAvoy (Younger Professor X), Michael Fassbender (Magneto) Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Patrick Stewart (Older Professor X), Ian McKellan (Older Magneto), Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Halle Berry (Storm), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Omar Sy (Bishop), Adan Canto (Sunspot), Daniel Cudmore (Colossus), Booboo Stewart (Warpath), Fan Bingbing (Blink), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Peter Dinklage (Bolivar Trask), Josh Helman (William Stryker), Evan Jonigkeit (Toad), Lucas Till (Alex Summers) and Evan Peters (Quicksilver) and opens on May 23rd, 2014.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment