F Ian McKellen And Patrick Stewart Talk X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Apocalypse Plus New Images | Galactic News One

Ian McKellen And Patrick Stewart Talk X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Apocalypse Plus New Images


Next year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past will join past and present heroes and villains in a battle to ensure the survival of the mutant population and the world. In an interview to The Wall Street Journal, stars Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen spoke about working with their younger selves (McAvoy and Fassbender) and if the four of them talked about making sure the present and past characters, Professor Xavier (McAvoy/Stewart) and Magneto (Fassbender/McKellen) synch up.

"Nope. It's up to them to sync with us," joked McKellen with Stewart adding, "We came first."
In the trailer we see both past and present versions of Xavier meeting, how about Magneto:
"No, I don't, I just stay by myself and I never meet my younger self."

Speaking about his scene with James McAvoy, Stewart said:
"There was a certain happy charm about it, in that, when we shot that scene, it was James' first day of work and it was my last day. So I was saying goodbye to X-Men and he was saying hello. James has seen everything I have done, I've seen everything he has done. He is illustrating a time in Charles Xavier's life which was very different from the time that I've been inhabiting in the previous three movies, and we just let that play out. I think we've both been looking forward to doing that scene immensely."

McKellen emphasizes that neither he nor Fassbender talked about playing the same character in two different periods but also that neither of them share any screen time:
"No, No, I think he made it clear that he wanted to be his own Magneto and that suits the nature of the story and his part in it. And, Bryan Singer clearly doesn't mind that we're, Fassbender and I, don't look much like each other, although they have put out a poster where our faces are blended and you do a double take and think, ooh, my goodness, I didn't know I was that good looking and then realize the bit that's good looking is not me but Fassbender."

Then both were asked if either of them will be coming back in X-Men: Apocalypse:
"Well I don't know if Ian knows anything about this, but I know nothing about it. Another X-Men movie has been announced and I said yes, yes, yes, it opens in May and they say no, no, no. Not that one, the one after." Stewart said before asking McKellen, "Has anybody called you, are you keeping something from me?"

"No, no. No, I know nothing about it," McKellen said. "Which probably means we're not in it."

Stewart added, "And then they'll find they need us after all, if we're lucky."

X-Men: Days of Future Past also stars Jennifer Lawrence (Raven/Mystique), Halle Berry (Ororo Munroe/Storm),Anna Paquin (Marie/Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat), Shawn Ashmore (Bobby Drake/Iceman), Omar Sy, Daniel Cudmore (Piotr Rasputin/Colossus), Booboo Stewart, Fan Bingbing (Clarice Ferguson/Blink), Nicholas Hoult (Hank McCoy/Beast) and Peter Dinklage.

X-Men: Days of Future Past opens on May 23rd, 2014.



Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment