F Neill Blomkamp's Alien Might Still Happen! | Galactic News One

Neill Blomkamp's Alien Might Still Happen!


Back in January, director Neill Blomkamp shared a couple of pieces of concept art for his take on an Alien movie. At the time the idea of the director bringing his sensibilities to the tired Alien franchise got fans really excited. Unfortunately they were instead just some ideas the director was having and not the prelude of things to come, or so we thought.

While promoting his latest sci-fi film, Chappie, the director offered some insight about the art and whether we might still see his take on the mythology that Ridley Scott created back in 1979.

"Basically, what happened was, when Chappie got heavily into post-production, I could take my foot off the gas a bit. I was thinking about what I wanted to do next and I’ve been wanting to make an Alien film for like years and years."

The director went on to explain that his initial idea for the film didn't include Ripley, however upon speaking with Sigourney Weaver on the set of Chappie his take on the material changed.

"Speaking to Sigourney Weaver, when we were doing Chappie, she set off a bunch of thoughts in my head — I had come up with an idea that didn’t have Sigourney, it was a different idea. But I spent all of the shooting time with her, it was like, holy shit, that could actually be really interesting. When I came back to Vancouver, I had an entire year to work on Chappie. And when I wasn’t needed in the edit, I could think about Alien. So, I basically developed an entire movie and I did all of this artwork as well."

The Alien franchise has diverged into different direction thanks to film like Alien vs Predator, Predators, and Prometheus, which as far as I know the sequel is still moving ahead.

The director finishes the interview by saying that he believes Fox would greenlit the project, if he decided to do it, and that "there’s a high possibility, a high degree of chance that it happens that I go back and try to get Alien made."

Fingers crossed.

Source - Uproxx

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment