F Sophie Turner On Being Cast As Jean Grey In X-Men: Apocalypse | Galactic News One

Sophie Turner On Being Cast As Jean Grey In X-Men: Apocalypse


Little by little the X-Men franchise has seen new faces take on old roles. In X-Men: First Class James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult took on the younger roles of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn, and Kelsey Grammer, and now for the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse three new actors have been given the opportunity to play younger versions of Famke Janssen, James Marsden, and Halle Berry.

Speaking to IGN, Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner talked about playing the younger version of the former.

"I think maybe one of the reasons that they chose me for [Jean] is because they saw the dark side of Sansa," she said about getting the role. "Maybe they're thinking, 'Oh, Phoenix, Jean Grey.' I definitely see a lot of parallels in there. [Jean] struggles with her power... and not being accepted in the human world. I think in terms of [Game of Thrones], that's kind of the way Sansa felt in that she really wanted to be a normal princess/queen and live a normal life -- and she doesn't, because of all this havoc happens. I think Jean, in a way, feels that."

At this time it's still unclear where the character will go in X-Men: Apocalypse, but Turner wishes to "bring something different to the character," adding that she believes "Famke played Jean incredibly well, but also, I'm playing a younger version of her. I want to emulate Famke in a sense, because she has to seem like the Jean in the first two movies, but I'm also going to put my own twist on her. I think I'm also going to take inspiration from the comics. I don't know, we'll see."

Source - IGN

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment