F Hellboy 3 – Ron Perlman, Selma Blair And Doug Jones Are Ready | Galactic News One

Hellboy 3 – Ron Perlman, Selma Blair And Doug Jones Are Ready


After Ron Perlman publicly admitted that both him and director Guillermo del Toro were trying to bring back Hellboy for a third movie, to answer those questions asked by the Angel of Death.

Now apparently according to Doug Jones, aka Abe Sapien in an interview to SN;
“I’ve heard talk from Dark Horse Entertainment that that’s a possibility, whether it’s a movie franchise or a TV series even,”

“Of all the costumed characters that I’ve played in my 27-year career, Abe Sapien is my favourite and I’ve made no bones about that ever, he is,”

“I connect with him, I love him, and I love the collaborative effort that made him. It took a village to make Abe Sapien happen and I would love if there was a Hellboy 3 where we could all come back together again and continue the story because it does feel unfinished at this time, I would love to see that completed.”

So it’s sort of good news, but if one pays close attention to the comic books, Hellboy has been getting further and further from the spotlight and those “secondary” characters have been pushed into the cover, for instance the new Mike Mignola’s Hellboy spin-off, Abe Sapien: Dark And Terrible, in which we learn more about the origins of the character.

“In the Abe Sapien comic books and the BPRD comic-books he was a key character on his own, those are possibilities,” he adds. “I’ve heard a lot and all of it excites me because I would love to reprise Abe in any way shape or form, but mostly I would love to do it under the direction of Guillermo del Toro again.”

So what does this mean? Nothing. Personally I think that after Guillermo del Toro finishes with Crimson Peak, his next endeavor after Pacific Rim, he will take on Hellboy 3. If by any chance someone decides to make a tv series out of Hellboy, great. I don’t think there will be an Abe Sapien standalone film; I think that if del Toro decides to make a Hellboy 3, it will be focused on the predictions made by the Angel of Death.   
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment