F Bryan Singer Is Done Directing X-Men Movies…For Now | Galactic News One

Bryan Singer Is Done Directing X-Men Movies…For Now


For director Bryan Singer, Apocalypse marks his fourth time helming an X-Men film after lifting the franchise of the ground in 2000, following it with X2 in 2003, and returning in 2014 with X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Speaking with the Los Angeles Times, the filmmaker talked about his future in the franchise, which he says he will not totally abandon, but…

"I recently met Danny Boyle -- he and I have known of each other for many years but never met. He was prepping "Steve Jobs" at the time and I was doing this and he said, "Are you going to be doing 'X-Men' movies forever?" And I didn’t actually say no. The reality is, even though I’m very desperate to jump to something completely different, I’ve spent so many years in this universe and I love this cast and the characters so much, I just don't see myself abandoning them forever. Perhaps as a consultant, as a producer, even as a director, I could see myself returning in the future. Just right now, once this one is done, I’d like to do something really different."

This shouldn't come as a total surprise as Singer is currently attached to direct a loose adaptation of Jules Verne's classic 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea story, which is already scheduled to enter production this fall for a 2017 release, however it will be interesting to see if he will return after that or not.

As for the immediate future, it will be interesting to see whom 20th Century Fox picks to helm the yet untitled X-Men 7, which according to screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg will be set in '90s.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment