F John Ostrander Likes The Suicide Squad Casting; Likes Oprah For Amanda Waller | Galactic News One

John Ostrander Likes The Suicide Squad Casting; Likes Oprah For Amanda Waller


In a recent interview with Comic Book Resources, former Suicide Squad writer John Ostrander, whose work was referenced as a must read for the 2016 film by DC's Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, offered his opinion on the casting of Will Smith to play the iconic Deadshot.

"I see it. I definitely see it," Ostrander said. "The thing you have to consider is that movies are different and separate entities from comics. They have different needs, and they have to find ways to get a lot of people into seats. To the general public, Deadshot as a character is not well known, so they wouldn't really notice any difference. Of course, the people doing the movies want to have the biggest star that they can, because that will help draw people into the movie. Understanding all of that, I have no problem with the casting."

Adding that "it also depends on how the part is written, what the director wants out of it and what Will Smith brings to it. But I have no doubt that he is fully capable of bringing a really good performance to it."

Ostrander also gave his opinion on the rumor that Oprah Winfrey is the top choice to play Amanda Waller.

"What's really interesting to me is that all three of the women that they were talking about, Oprah Winfrey, Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer, were at the top of my list," the writer said. "Actually, I was just talking to my fiancĂ© Mary Mitchell the other day, just before this was announced, and those were the three names that came to me off the top of my head. Oprah was actually at the top of my list! She showed in The Color Purple that she's a really good actor, and she's got the attitude for Waller."

The writer also said that he would act as a consultant on the film if asked, but thinks it's unlikely he will get that call. Ostrander did however joked that he would like a Stan Lee cameo.



Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment