F Andrew Dice Clay Talks Blue Jasmine And Entourage Movie | Galactic News One

Andrew Dice Clay Talks Blue Jasmine And Entourage Movie

In an interview to collider, actor and standup comedian, Andrew Brice Day talked about receiving the phone call from Woody Allen, working with Woody Allen and the feature film of the hit tv show Entourage, where he played himself.
“…
What was it like getting the call that Woody Allen wanted to meet with you?
Clay:  Well, that’s the thing.  It’s the last call that I would ever expect to get.  If I would have gotten a call from let’s say Martin Scorsese…  When my manager called me and said it’s Woody Allen, I thought he was teasing me.  I love Woody Allen, but I just didn’t think he would ever use me in a film.  If he’d said Martin Scorsese, I would be, “Alright, I get it.  It’ll probably be a gangster thing.”  And I love it.  I want to play those roles, but I also like playing the everyday guy which is what I got to play in this.  I wasn’t the star of the movie, but yet the part itself has a lot of layers.  That’s what I liked about it.  If he just gave me three lines, I would have done it, but the fact that it was a full character role in this film, I really enjoyed doing it and getting into it emotionally.

What was your first reaction when you heard you got the part?
Clay:  When I heard I did get the part, I was actually alone in my home in Vegas.  My wife was out and I was freaking out, because I know I’ve got to tell her first, and then I’ll call my kids.  It was emotional for me because both my parents have passed away.  It was funny because as big as I got as a stand-up, my parents knew me better than anybody.  Years ago, when I’d call my mother and tell her I’m doing this movie or that movie, she’s go, “Well what kind of movie is it?”  And I’d go, “It’s a comedy.  I’m a comic.”  And she’d go, “I know, and you’re fantastic, but you could do so great with drama.”  It’s because she knew me.  A mother knows her kid.  So I know they’re up there looking at me going, “You see?  We told you.”  And that’s a great feeling.
Can you talk about working with a filmmaker like Woody Allen who works very fast?  What was that experience like?
Clay:  I think a lot of Woody’s directing goes into his casting, the people that he casts.  As he’s writing a script, he starts thinking about who could possibly play the role.  And once he gives you that role, he knows who he is, so he knows whoever gets that role, if they’re smart, is going to put everything they can into it and really think about it, especially something like this that’s not a comedy.  This guy gave me a heavy role to play and I just wanted to do a good job for him.  I want him watching me on that set – because it was his idea to bring me in – and I don’t want to disappoint this guy.  I have too much respect for him, and he’s too talented of a guy, and I’m not going to be the one in one of his movies that wrecks it.  His directing came from him casting me and the things he would say to me on the set, which were pretty unbelievable compliments coming from a guy like him.  I knew I was doing the right thing by him and that’s what I cared about.  When I hear about things that are being written about me, or in the press conference earlier, when they read some of the quotes [and mentioned the rave reviews that appeared] in different papers and The Rolling Stone, I go, “It wasn’t about that to me.”  I haven’t heard any of that.  (laughs)  I couldn’t even believe it.  It took me off guard.  I wasn’t expecting it.  I just wanted to do a great job.  I hadn’t done a movie in twelve years.
Do you think there will be an Entourage movie, and if there is, will you have a role in it?
Clay:  Well there’s probably going to be an Entourage movie for sure.  It’s written.  It’s just gotten the go ahead.  I don’t even ask Doug if I’m in it, because he’s doing a project with me.  We became friends after Entourage.  I don’t know which way he went with the story, so I would never want to back the guy against a wall and go, “I’m in the movie, right?”  I’m not going to ask for parts.  That’s his baby.  So, if he sees me in there, I’ll be in there.  If he doesn’t, he’s already…between Doug Allen and Woody Allen, they both gave me such a new life as an actor so I’m appreciative to both of them.
…”
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment