F League of Extraordinary Gentleman Reboot Goes Back To Comic Roots | Galactic News One

League of Extraordinary Gentleman Reboot Goes Back To Comic Roots


Back in May, we reported that 20th Century Fox was in the process of trying to re-adapt Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill's comic series, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, after a very poor first go at the property back in 2003.

I have to confess that the movie was my gateway into Moore and O'Neill's comic, and that I did not read the entire thing, not because I thought it was bad, but because it just wasn't for me.

Having said that, the adaptation made was quite surprising. Not only did it introduce a couple of different characters and mangled the story, but it also shifted the focus away from Mina Murray, who in the source material assembled the team of Victorian-era literary heroes.

Now however, while at the TCA's producer John Davis acknowledged that the first film was a dud, and thinks that by keeping it closer to the source material they may be able to produce a quality movie.

"Just by going back to the roots and making it authentic to what the fan base was really excited about" said Davis. "It’s female-centric, which I think is interesting. I love female characters, point-of-view characters in action movies. I thought Mad Max was great. I think you can always find a fresh way of doing something and going back to the basics. What is that people love? What is it that made them love the property in the first place?"

I think keeping it close to the source material without disregarding the fact that there are always concessions you have to make when adapting from one medium to another is always the way to go, so I'm happy that this seems to be the case. However, in light of the Fantastic Four debacle and poor box-office results, I wonder if Fox is still thinking of re-adapting this niche title.

Source - Collider
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment