F Benicio del Toro Seemingly Confirms Star Wars Role | Galactic News One

Benicio del Toro Seemingly Confirms Star Wars Role


Last month word got out that Lucasfilm was looking at Traffic, Che, and Guardians of the Galaxy star Benicio del Toro to play the villain in Rian Johnson's Star Wars: Episode VIII film. Now while speaking with Entertainment Tonight at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Grants Banquet, the actor revealed that it looks like it is going to happen.

"I can’t tell you much about it but I think that it might happen," he said. "It looks like it’s gonna happen so I’m very excited."

Not unlike the Marvel movies, of which the Oscar-winning actor is now part of, del Toro says he "can’t talk too much about it. The script is hard to get. They told me they’d cut my finger if I talk about it."

Besides revolutionizing how deals between creators and studios were made, when it came out in 1977, Star Wars also was a far-reaching cultural phenomenon that spawned hundreds of thousand if not millions of followers.

"I saw the original one when it came out and it marked me," the actor said of watching the first film. "I was impressed by the film and by the characters and by the story and the message."

Produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, Star Wars: Episode VIII opens on May 26, 2017.

Source - ET
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment