F Anthony Mackie Wants Spandex, Talks Black Panther & Whose Side He Will Be On In Captain America: Civil War | Galactic News One

Anthony Mackie Wants Spandex, Talks Black Panther & Whose Side He Will Be On In Captain America: Civil War


So far only Captain America: The Winter Soldier star Anthony Mackie has been out spoken about the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie. He has revealed locations, and the starting of production, however he has yet to see the script. Talking to iamRogue, Mackie revealed that he didn't knew if he was coming back, the source material, the importance of Black Panther and the casting of Chadwick Boseman, and much more.

On whether he knew he was coming back for Cap 3, the actor said no. despite his inquiries next to his friend and co-star Chris Evans.

"I didn't know. When we finished Cap 2 I asked and begged to come back, literally. So I found out when everybody else did. I got a call from my manager. He said, "They're going to put you in Cap 3." It’s always a surprise with Marvel, man. If you are not one of those like Thor or Cap, then you have no idea. The only person that had an early version of the script and read the outline was Chris Evans. I talk to him all the time because we are good friends and he would always say, "Man, the movie is going to be good." I'm like, am I in it? He would say, "It's going to be a big movie."  So he would never tell me if I was in it or not. Even he keeps secrets. It's a dirty business."

We know that Marvel won't be sticking to close to the Civil War comic. However reading the source material is always important, so has he?

"I have. You know, I'm not sure how close it will stay because I haven't read anything. I just found out literally this week. I haven't gotten a script or an outline. I don't know how much of it I'm going to be in. I have no idea how they are going to use me. But you know, the Civil War comic book, there is so much there. I don't know how they are going to condense it and make it into a movie because it is a civil war. It's epic! Look at the way it's going now when they announced Phase 3, with Black Panther and Dr. Strange coming into the fold. I have no idea what they are going to do with this movie. I just know that Cap 3 has to be better than Cap 2. So I know Cap 3 is going to be mind-blowing."

Mackie also spoke about his excitement not only about the Black Panther movie, but also that he will be part of Captain America: Civil War.

"I was. I was very, very excited. When we were shooting Cap 2 I would always have conversations with them about Black Panther because I wanted to stress the importance of that character to the movie going populous. I couldn't be happier that they cast Chadwick (Boseman). He's a remarkable young man. I've known him off and on for over ten years now. I first met him in '98 at Howard (University) down in D.C. I've only known him from a far. But the more I've heard of him from people who are in his inner circle, the more I've been proud of the fact that someone who did the work, and did their due diligence, is being rewarded at a rate like this in his career because he truly deserves it."

If you've read the Civil War comic by written by Mark Millar, with art by Steve McNiven you know that there will be two factions. One headed by Tony Stark, and the other by Captain America, and both will have an army of superheroes on each side, so the actor was asked about whose side Falcon will choose to be.

"Listen; you would never meet anybody that doesn't want to hangout with Tony Stark. Tony's the man! I have no idea. I have no idea how they are going to use me. I have no idea how they are going to introduce all of those characters."

Mackie also spoke about his costume.

"I want my bird, man. I want my bird! The thing is, you know I've been emailing with people over at Marvel. I've putting it out there in the ethos that I'm going to have a new and improved costume and come out all flashy in spandex. So I'm hoping that I get a new and improved costume. That's my whole thing. I've just been saying it, hoping that they'll read it and say, "Alright, we have to give Anthony a new costume." Please, dress me up in spandex!"

Finally, he spoke about the rumors of Falcon being in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"I hope. At this point, I have not. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope. They're doing reshoots and that's why I'm letting them know I'm available. So whatever weekend they want me there, I'll fly myself out and shoot whatever scene they want me in. Even if it's like, "Oh man, it's Iron Man and Hulk." But I heard today in one of the interviews that someone thought I was in Ant-Man. I hope so! I hope I'm in Ant-Man. I hope I'm in Hulk 3, I hope I'm in Thor 3, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Me and Groot can boogie!"

Source - iamRogue

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment