F Robert Downey Jr. And Mark Ruffalo Talk Ending, Hulkbuster & More | Galactic News One

Robert Downey Jr. And Mark Ruffalo Talk Ending, Hulkbuster & More


In 2012, Joss Whedon let fans know that Bruce Banner had managed to gain some "control" over the Hulk. But three years will have passed when Age of Ultron hits theaters in 2015. His Banner still in control?

"Banner and Hulk have kind of come to a detente [laughs]. We left this last one with this idea that I’m always angry and therefore I have some control over it, but like anger, when you think you have control over it, you absolutely don’t. So there’s still a wrangling going on and there’s a confrontation brewing between the Hulk consciousness and the Banner consciousness that I think we’re starting to head into right now," revealed Mark Ruffalo in an interview to Collider.

It sounds has if the balance between Hulk and Banner is tenuous to say the least and any little thing might cause that balance to shift towards the Hulk, who then would go on one of his famous rampages. One character that Joss Whedon is introducing in Age of Ultron has such ability, Scarlet Witch.

"It’s not…She’s able to bring out…[pauses] the worst in us. There are people in our lives who can do that, and somehow when you’re an actor you tend to gravitate towards those people, but she’s that bad – it’s like Sid and Nancy. She’s everyone’s Nancy."

Ruffalo also spoke about one other character that will be introduced in Age of Ultron, Vision.

"The Vision is the Vision. He is so dope, and he’s my baby. [Laughs] Yeah, he’s pretty incredible. The idea of him and where he comes from. He’s very independent. It’s a really great character. Yeah, people are going to love the Vision…and Ultron is amazing. He’s amazing. It’s really good."

Jumping off from Vision and into the titular villain, Ruffalo was asked if the Hulk has some alone time with Ultron in the upcoming film.

"We have a lot of scenes together as a group. I don’t really – I have a couple one on one things with him, but I love him. He’s great, and he’s going to be…it’s like King Lear. It’s great." 

In the trailer, we see Iron Man in a Hulkbuster armor, and Hulk going at it. It was unclear at the time why the science bros. were fighting, but in light of Ruffalo's statements about Scarlet Witch and her power, or some of it at least, I would venture a guess that she will be the reason behind it. But I'm just speculating, here is what the actor has to say.

"It’s a little bit like Cool Hand Luke that way. “Do you think you could beat me? I’ll beat the crap out of you. Then I beat the crap out of him. It’s kind of like that, but not totally like that. It has a surprise to it, a little twist to it as well."

In a separate interview, Robert Downey Jr. offered his opinion on the third act of the film and how it managed to escape the usual traps and be different. The actor also implies what we have been hearing for a while, the change of some of the main roster.

"There was a Rubik’s Cube to how not to make these things have an Act Three, that you’re just going “I really hope you like Acts One and Two because now we’re just gonna do all this stuff!” And to me and I think it was the same thing in Iron Man 3, Act Three was the strongest act. And I think that this is really gunning for that sort of thing because, you know, I love movies. I love these kinds of movies. And so I feel like I’m just a very tolerant kind of consumer with these things but I also feel like the half-life of – if you noticed just how flooded the market is becoming and likely to become potentially even more so I think that there has to be a bit of a transcendence of formula, you know? And so without giving too much away, I think, and why I generally just kinda like stamped it when the first draft came in is ’cause I thought, “Oh wow, it didn’t fall into that trap.” And I read the last page and I got chills for a reason I definitely can’t explain. [LAUGHTER] But there’s a lot of new talent coming in with Aaron Taylor-Johnson and obviously, Lizzie Olsen. And just even seeing Paul Bettany within a thousand miles [LAUGHTER] of the set where we’re shooting is just like “Wow, this is gonna be really cool."

What do you think?

Source - Collider | Screen Rant

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment