F Vincent D'Onofrio Gets Inspiration From Frank Miller's Kingpin | Galactic News One

Vincent D'Onofrio Gets Inspiration From Frank Miller's Kingpin


Currently filming in New York, Daredevil is the first of at least four series in the Marvel and Netflix partnership, with the fifth being The Outsiders if everything goes according to plan.

So far the show only has one villain confirmed, the iconic Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin, played Vincent D'Onofrio, who in a recent interview confessed that despite the different incarnations he is finding inspiration in Frank Miller's version of the character, and teased once again about the possibilities of doing crossovers.

Now that I have you in a good mood, let’s talk about Daredevil.
Filming has been great. I can’t really talk about specifics. Really. But I can tell you it’s all working. It’s all gritty. Everything is really impressive. They seem to know what they’re doing over at Marvel. I think ever since Downey and [Jon] Favreau did Iron Man and proved that comic book movies could be really cool they’ve just embraced that and taken it to the next level. They keep knocking it out of the park. This Netflix series that we’re filming right now, it’s going to be so amazing to watch. We’re doing these incredible, iconic scenes every single day. I have the best character; I play one of the best characters I’ve read in a long time. I haven’t had this much fun with a role for many years. 

How much did you know about the character before signing on?
I knew a bit about Wilson Fisk. I had seen the movies. I saw other interpretations. But for this, they really wanted everything to be fresh. They’re operating like they have been doing their movies. I’m finding most of my inspiration for Fisk coming from the old artwork, artists like Frank Miller.

Your new friend Downey must have been very excited you got the role.
He was thrilled. My wife actually texted him a photo of me dressed as Kingpin and we got a very, very excited text back.

I look forward to the Iron Man versus Kingpin crossover happening very soon.
[Laughs.] It’s not impossible! They have all kind of plans. I think this Daredevil show is going to be the start of some very exciting crossovers.

Daredevil stars Charlie Cox, Rosario Dawson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Peter Shinkoda, and is showrunned by Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight.

"Marvel’s Daredevil" follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Source - Men's Journal

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment