F Rian Johnson Is "really excited about all the things I can’t tell you" About Episodes VIII & IX | Galactic News One

Rian Johnson Is "really excited about all the things I can’t tell you" About Episodes VIII & IX


As soon as director J.J. Abrams finishes up Star Wars: Episode VII, director Rian Johnson steps in and takes over the franchise. The director is set to pen and direct Episode VIII, and will write Episode IX. Johnson recently made an appearance on the 500th Filmspotting podcast, and was asked what excited him about working on the Star Wars franchise.

I’m really excited about all the things I can’t tell you. The thought of it made me so completely joyfully happy,” he said. “I wanted to to play in this world, of literally the first movie my dad put me in the car to see.”

He was then asked how he got the job, to which he jokingly replied:

I can only assume it was a clerical error, like in the movie ‘Brazil.’ There’s a ‘Brian Johnson’ out there who is really mad.”

He then described working at Lucasfilm as it being “kind of like summer camp.”

Johnson then gave his opinion on the order Star Wars newbies should watch the films:

I would do (Episodes) 4-6 then 1-3. Storytelling-wise, 4-6 were constructed without the knowledge of the past.” As for those prequels, Johnson actually said he liked them. “There was something really beautiful about the prequels.”

With these films, I am trying to harken back to the original ‘Star Wars’ …. Christmas special. We do have Jefferson Starship,” Johnson joked.
Neither Lucasfilm, nor StarWars.com have confirmed Johnson has being attached to the franchise, but unless he is completely delusional, it's safe to assume that he will pen and direct the second installment of the new trilogy, and at least pen the final movie.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment