F Jackman Is Pretty Sure Wolverine 3 Will Be His Last | Galactic News One

Jackman Is Pretty Sure Wolverine 3 Will Be His Last


With another Wolverine standalone movie in the works, actor Hugh Jackman is once contemplating the possibility of leaving the franchise. The new solo movie would be Jackman's eighth outing as the character, and while he says that he hasn't signed on to reprise his role, he sounds positive about the idea, but adds that if he were to return, it would probably be for the last time.

The actor had this to say while speaking to SFX Magazine:

I don’t know yet. We’re talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one I’m 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me.

Would you take it back to Japan or would you move it beyond that story?

I’d probably move it to a different visual palette. I’m pretty sure that would move.

Are there any classic comic book storylines that you’d love to get stuck into?

Well, of course we’re looking at Old Man Logan, because that may be the only option left at this point! [laughs] We are looking at a lot of different storylines. No one has jumped out. You can tell from my answer that we’re still working it out. I’m working with Jim Mangold, which is exciting. Jim came on board The Wolverine after Darren [Aronofsky] left, so he inherited it. And of all the things that Jim can do, one of the great things he does is develop scripts. I’m excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven’t signed on.

Although the prospect of having the Old Man Logan adapted to the big screen is a good idea, it is also highly unlikely, considering that the majority if not all of the supporting characters have their rights at either Marvel Studios or Sony. 

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment