F Joss Whedon Talks On How The Avengers Could’ve Been Better And His Plans For Age of Ultron | Galactic News One

Joss Whedon Talks On How The Avengers Could’ve Been Better And His Plans For Age of Ultron

In a recent interview to EW, Whedon talked among other things on what he could’ve been better in the hit The Avengers and how he plans to improve it with the upcoming Age of Ultron.
During the interview Whedon talked about what he less likes in the movie and how it isn’t a “great film”.

“When I think of a great film, I think of something that’s either structured so perfectly like ‘The Matrix’ or made so lovingly like ‘The Godfather Part II.’ There was haphazardness in the way it comes together – not just the people, but the scenes. I don’t think you’d look at it and go, “This is a model of perfect structure.” You’d go, “This is working.” I like it. I’m proud of it and I like its imperfections. The thing I cared most about – making a summer movie like the ones from my childhood – is the thing that I pulled off.”

He does have a point, things just sort of happen, I mean, Hulk suddenly can control his rage??
But despite any weaker or forced plot points, the movie is so dam entertaining that movie goers just ignore them all together. Even so, Whedon is intended on making the Age of Ultron better.

“I want to be clearer about how I engage the audience, and where I take them. I want more control visually, more time to prep it. Not that I didn’t dictate every shot—I did. But there’s only so much you can do when you’re making a summer film when the ball is already rolling as fast as it was when I got in. Why do it again if you can’t do it better?”

So a better and cohesive narrative and a more significant danger for the characters?

“I’d have to have a really good reason, a really great sequence for [Marvel executives] to go, “We’ll cut off a potential franchise, that’s fine!” They know, as any good studio does, that without some stakes, some real danger, how involved can we get? We don’t just rule it out across the board, but neither is the mission statement “Who can we kill?” We try to build the story organically and go, “How hard can we make it on these people?” You go to movies to see people you love suffer—that’s why you go to the movies.”

Whedon then shifted his attention to the script, which is by now 150 pages long.

“There’s a point at which I’m not holding back; I’m going to put in everything I like. Then there’s a point where it’s: “Okay, what do I like best.””
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment