F Luke Skywalker Talks Star Wars: Episode VII | Galactic News One

Luke Skywalker Talks Star Wars: Episode VII


In a recent screening of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, actor Mark Hamill famous by playing Luke Skywalker in the first trilogy of Star Wars and by voicing the Joker in many tv shows and games, spoke in an Q&A about the upcoming J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII.

While referring to the use of CGI instead of practical effects he had this to say:
“There’s nothing wrong with CGI, but I think you have to have a balance because the camera perceives the width and the depth and the weight of a miniature or a model.” He just said he isn’t a fan of the one guy surrounded by greenscreen look and told Kennedy that he’d hate for these new movies to “look like Roger Rabbit.”

Although there isn’t a final script yet, he thinks that Luke, Leia and Han roles will be more like Obi-Wan in the original films:
“I want it to be age appropriate, so heavy on the Jedi mind tricks and lighten up on the lightsaber duels. Let the kids do the heavily lifting!”

Mark Hamill said that he is a little bit hesitant about returning to that Universe:
“Part of me is cautious, saying ‘let well enough alone, let everyone keep their nice memories if they have nice
memories and don’t try to go back and do it again.’ But the other side of me, the adventurous side, thinks ‘If everyone’s in, how could I miss this?”

Despite that he is optimistic about the new trilogy:
“I’m one of you, I feel like you’re one of us. I’ll be in there fighting and trying to be as honest as I can be about what I think it is made these movies so special in the first place. It always starts with the script and that’s why I’m so encouraged by Michael Arndt’s involvement because I respect his writing so much. He’s a big fan of these movies, so hopefully we can make something that doesn’t make everyone want to find us, cut off our heads and throw it right in our faces.”   
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment