F Blade Runner 2 | Galactic News One

Blade Runner 2


When it came to light that Ridley Scott had been working on a Blade Runner sequel, everybody got excited about how it whould be like and when whould it hit the theaters. Between all the excitement and speculation there was a rumour that screewriter Scott Z. Burns (The Bourne Ultimatum, Contagion and the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) might be also working on the script for the project, but most of the times rumour are just that, rumours and Scott Z. Burns shot it down, although he says that he is still apart of the project and that it is still very much alive. When asked about these rumours and if he could confirme or deny it, the screenwriter had the follow to say:

"I can do both. I talked to Ridley about it at one point as a part of a larger conversation about us trying to find something to do together because I have such admiration for him. I'm as huge a fan of that movie as anybody else who would be reading this or watching it, so what I said to him was; "Let's not do that unless we have something amazing to do or to say, because I don't want to touch that idea unless I really feel like I have something amazing to contribute and right now I don't know what that is".

and

"I think Ridley and I will probably talk again about [Blade Runner], but again it's less about that specifically and more about he and I wanting to make a science fiction movie together. So I hope that that happens, to me I'm not particularly attached to it being Blade Runner. I suspect by the time we would come up with something it would be its own thing and not attached to that franchise necessarily, because it is a franchise, it's a great piece of work."

But do not lose hope because while scouting for filming locations in the canary islands, Ridley Scott spoke about the Blade Runner 2 script to the heads of the Gran Canaria Film Commission, and this is what he had to say.

"Yesterday I read the first script for Blade Runner 2, we have been working on it for six or seven weeks now with the original author. It includes some of the original characters. Everything is still in it's early stages, but this draft is really good."

Ridley Scott is currently finishing up his upcoming movie The Counselor, starring Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem, Natalie Dormer, Cameron Diaz, Penélope Cruz and sooo much more, which will hit the theaters on November of this year while still be working on the sci-fi series for the Machinima Network (read more)
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment