F James Cameron Confirms Avatar 2 Production Starting Date | Galactic News One

James Cameron Confirms Avatar 2 Production Starting Date


James Cameron is nothing if not ambitious. In 2009, after more than a decade away from feature films, the writer and director wowed us all with Avatar, a breathtaking and immersive sci-fi fantasy film set in the far away world of Pandora. Since then, the visionary filmmaker has been tireless working towards expanding the mythology created with four additional movies.

Speaking to The Daily Beast on his upcoming NatGeo documentary Atlantis Rising, the Oscars' blockbusters bias, and Donald Trump, Cameron, offered a schedule update on Avatar 2's production.

"The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then. Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog."

With plot details under wraps, Avatars 2,3,4, and 5 are set to open in theaters on the Christmas of 2018, Christmas of 2020, Christmas of 2022, and Christmas of 2023, respectively.

Zoe Saldana (Neytiri), Sam Worthington (Jake), Sigourney Weaver, and Stephen Lang are all set to return.

Source - The Daily Beast
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment