F No Flippers Says Michael Shannon About His Role In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Galactic News One

No Flippers Says Michael Shannon About His Role In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice


Earlier this past August, Oscar-nominee Michael Shannon had fans scratching their heads after telling a story about getting stuck in a bathroom on the set of Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and being unable to open the door because he had "flippers instead of hands". The story, however humorous, seemingly confirmed the longstanding rumor that Zod's corpse would somehow be transformed into the DC Comics supervillain, Doomsday.

Now however, while promoting 99 Homes, Shannon came clean and revealed that he fabricated the whole story. "Somebody was asking me about this in New York and I made up some ridiculous bullshit answer about how my character Zod has flippers, and this went viral on the Internet or something and people have been asking me about that," Shannon told The Daily Beast. "That is so obviously a complete bullshit story, right? But people took it seriously." No wonder people took it serious. With information on Batman v Superman being as scarce as it is, everyone pays double attention whenever stories like these come out.

The full trailer for Snyder's upcoming follow-up to Man of Steel had plenty of surprising moments, but no one was more surprised by it then Shannon. "I wasn’t there," he said. "It’s a really awkward situation—I’m in the trailer for a movie that I didn’t work on."

Shannon elaborated on his apparently ghostly performance by comparing it to Russell Crowe's (Jor-El) later appearance in Man of Steel as an A.I. guide of sorts. "The thing about the whole Krypton universe, apparently, is that even when you destroy them, there are ghosts," Shannon explained. "The first [film], Jor-El is there even though he’s been dead for lord knows how long."

The actor then revealed, though he probably shouldn't have, that he "went over and did some voice-over stuff because it’s like that ghost thing," he said of Jor-El's A.I. guide. "But I don’t know if I’m supposed to say that. I get very nervous."

Whether he has flippers for hands, or a disembodied voice, I'm eager to see how Zod ties into the universe building, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters on March 25, 2016.

Source - The Daily Beast
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment