F Ridley Scott Confirms Prometheus 2 Is His Next Movie | Galactic News One

Ridley Scott Confirms Prometheus 2 Is His Next Movie


Although I would have preferred to see Ridley Scott direct the sequel to his sci-fi cult classic Blade Runner next, it looks like Prometheus 2 will be the next thing the director will tackle. While promoting his next sci-fi film The Martian, Scott confirmed with Empire that the sequel to Prometheus will indeed be his next project.

They faced another challenge when the film’s release date was brought forward. But according to [Matt] Damon, the typically fast-working Scott didn’t worry. "Ridley was done with the movie about two weeks after we shot!" he smiles. "I was already on to my next movie!" adds Scott. "I was starting to look for locations for my next movie, which is Prometheus 2."

Prometheus felt like a triumph of style over substance, so pardon my lack of enthusiasm for the sequel, and with Scott's last few movies failing to live up to the director's history, I'm not holding my breath for Prometheus 2 to suddenly bring the filmmaker back from the land of mediocrity.

Scott's initial plans for the sequel involved Shaw (Noomi Rapace), and David's head (Michael Fassbender) going out into space and travelling to the Engineer's home planet. How the Xenomorph seen at end of the first film fit into the sequel remains to be seen.

Source - Empire
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment