F Tilda Swinton Confirms Role In Marvel's Doctor Strange | Galactic News One

Tilda Swinton Confirms Role In Marvel's Doctor Strange


Although Marvel skipped this year's San Diego Comic-Con, it does not mean that there aren't any news to report.

While doing press for her upcoming film Trainwreck, Tilda Swinton revealed to Screen Crush that her talks with Marvel had for all intents and purposes ended and that she was really excited to join the Marvel family and play the Ancient One opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in director Scott Derrickson's upcoming Doctor Strange.

"I just really liked the premise of this and the idea of playing this character. I’m a Marvel fan and I think this particular world that Doctor Strange goes into is really, really, really exciting," Swinton said. "I’m really interested as both an actor and a fan to see what’s done in this particular world. It’s all about creativity. It’s not about everything exploding at the end. It’s about something very different. The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling. I can’t say no to that!"

The Academy Award winning actress also spoke of Marvel's famous multi-pictures deals, and said she's not worried. "Not at all. It’s like a family thing. Who knows where one might pop up. I don’t know where they’ll use me and I don’t know that they know, necessarily, even though they seem to know what they’re doing for the next decade. I think it’s like holding on to the tail of a galloping horse at this point."

Doctor Strange opens on November 4, 2016.

Source - Screen Crush
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment