F Tom Hardy Would Like To Play The Punisher | Galactic News One

Tom Hardy Would Like To Play The Punisher


After scheduling conflicts with director Alejandro González Iñárritu's The Revenant made him drop out of David Ayer's Suicide Squad, Tom Hardy is still thinking about doing another movie based on a comic book.

Speaking to Collider, Hardy revealed that he's still keen on playing a superhero, particularly Marvel's The Punisher.

Collider: I heard Warner Bros. has a few more superhero movies, maybe one or two that they’re developing [Laughs].

HARDY: I want The Punisher… I want The Punisher, or Splinter Cell, I want something…I don’t know what I want.

You as Punisher could be very interesting.

HARDY: I’m not big enough to be The Punisher, I’m 5’9” [Laughs].

But I actually think that adds to the character.

HARDY: Frank Castle, I would love it. Is that him, isn’t it?

Yeah. It’s Frank Castle.

Though at this point it would seem unlikely that Marvel would put the darker hero on the big screen, Daredevil's recent success on Netflix opened some doors for this type of film or series.

As for the long gestating adaptation of the Splinter Cell video game, which Hardy is signed for, it recently lost its director Doug Liman, and according to the actor the draft is currently being worked on.

Source - Collider
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment