F Josh Trank Exits Star Wars Anthology Film | Galactic News One

Josh Trank Exits Star Wars Anthology Film


Chronicle, and upcoming Fantastic Four director, Josh Trank, has left the second Star Wars Anthology film.

Everyone felt a disturbance in the force when the director failed to appear last month at the Star Wars Celebration to talk about the project, but the filmmaker excused himself by blaming his absence on the "worst flu" of his life.

Now however, in an official statement, Trank announces that he has left the follow-up to Gareth Edwards' Anthology film.

After a year of having the incredible honor of developing with the wonderful and talented people at Lucasfilm, I’m making a personal decision to move forward on a different path. I’ve put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and I know deep down in my heart that I want to pursue some original creative opportunities. That said, the Star Wars universe has always been one of my biggest influences, and I couldn’t be more excited to witness its future alongside my millions of fellow Star Wars fans. I want to thank my friends Kathleen Kennedy, Kiri Hart, Simon Kinberg, and everyone at Lucasfilm and Disney for the amazing opportunity to have been a part of this. May the Force be with you all.

Lucasfilm's Development lead, Kiri Hart also stated that:

It was a privilege to collaborate with Josh.  We are grateful for the energy and love of Star Wars that he brought to the process, and we wish him all the best.

I'm not as in love with Chronicle has most, but it was different enough that it made me want to see what he could do with an already established universe. The director states that he wants to pursue original projects, which I'm assuming leaves the already scheduled Fantastic Four sequel up in the air.

Source - Star Wars
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment