F Todd McFarlane Talks Spawn Movie & Series | Galactic News One

Todd McFarlane Talks Spawn Movie & Series


At the Image Expo, Image Comics President and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane offered an update on the status of the new Spawn film, and tv animated series.

While talking to Comic Book, McFarlane revealed that the one exerting the biggest pressure for him to finally finish the script for the next Spawn feature film is his wife.

"Because she spent money on this room that has no Internet. She knows that I’m a cheap guy and that since she spent the money, I better go into it and do the work [laughs]. I’ve got a case of ADD too, and the last time I tried to write the film script I was in a room for three days and then I started thinking, ‘wouldn’t it be cool if I made toy building blocks that looked realistic like The Walking Dead stuff that just came out,’ so within three days I was already trying to create something else. She’s just trying to lock me in a bubble saying ‘Stop thinking about anything else and get the script done.’

And the stupid piece of all of this is that the entire movie is already put out on index cards. The scenes are all in order, short of some dialogue that needs to get in, more than a quarter of it is done. My guess is if I go in that room and shut the world out I can get it done in seven to ten days. This how stupid it is [laughs]. I’ve been putting these seven to ten days off for years now because I’ve been doing other things. My wife is way more pragmatic than I am. She says, ‘you know, they’re still phoning for it. They’re still asking for it but if you keep doing this bulls**t someday they’re just going to stop asking.’ People are going to superhero movies, and Hollywood wants it and the opportunity is still there, but I just have to get it done.

Every twenty pages I write of a comic book could have been twenty pages of the film script. Every five issues I write could have been a film script. That’s what I’m hoping for in working with Paul Jenkins on Spawn is that I can just let him take it and go off in my corner for the next couple of months."

In regards to the announced animated series, McFarlane says that writer Grant Morrison is out because of his schedule, and things with also writer Brian Wood also didn't work out.

"I talked to Grant. Somebody wrote that he’d be writing, but I was just talking with him. He was trying to see if he could make it work in his schedule but something came up in Hollywood that filled his gap. He actually had some pretty specific ideas about what he wanted to do on Spawn that I thought was really cool, but he was just busy with other stuff.

Brian came along and it was just a little bit of oil and vinegar. I'm old enough now, arguably wise enough now, to know the inevitable so I knew it wasn’t going to be long-term. At that point it actually all worked out because all of a sudden Paul Jenkins had finished some of his commitments and was open. And it turned out Paul knew [incoming series artist] Jonboy Meyers."

Click on the source for more on the news on the new Spawn comic writer, and more.


Source - Comic Book

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment