F Don't Expect To See Thomas Jane The Play The Punisher Again | Galactic News One

Don't Expect To See Thomas Jane The Play The Punisher Again


If the Marvel Cinematic Universe is all about saving the World, and the Universe, then their next endeavor is quite the opposite. Together with Netflix they will be exploring their street level superheroes with such shows as Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, but how about the rest? Certainly, Marvel has more characters that fit that particular bill. The Punisher!

Fans have been speculating, and praying to hear that Frank has been added to one of the aforementioned shows, even if in a guest spot. However if the character is to show up, actor Thomas Jane, who played the character in the second (let's forget the first) film, won't.

"I feel like I've [played a true version of the character already]. That's why I did [Dirty Laundry]. I wanted to create something that was truer to my own vision of what that [Punisher (2004)] could be. I feel like I put that out there. It was really well received. I hope that The Punisher will continue. I hope they get an idea of what it can be and how to make it successful. I hope that they use that short film as a template for how to make it truer to what that character is.  I said what I wanted to say with that guy. I don't think I ever really was the perfect Frank Castle.  I look at him as Italian. A guy who, I guess I'm the right age now, but I would see him as a weathered guy. My body is not quite perfect for Frank. I would see Frank as more of a square jawed, lock-jawed kind of guy. I don't know who it would be. I think you'd need an unknown to play Frank. He’s really the ideal asshole!"


What do you think?

Source - iamRogue
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment