F "We are creating a Justice League on TV…" Says Stephen Amell | Galactic News One

"We are creating a Justice League on TV…" Says Stephen Amell


At the Fan Expo Canada, Arrow star Stephen Amell defused the whole DC Cinematic Universe-TV-Justice League questions right off the bat by saying that are in a sense creating their own Justice League starring him as Arrow, The Flash, Arsenal, Atom, and Firestorm.

"We are creating a Justice League on TV for us. I don't think there is a logistical reality to us participating in the feature side. That being said, I never wanted to have to feel like the show was justified, just because we participated in the movie. I don't think my character would participate on the cinematic side. What's that saying? Is it six seasons and a movie? Our show right now has me, Arsenal, Flash. There's going to be Firestorm and Atom. The Justice League elements of it are very present on our shows ['Arrow' and 'The Flash'] already."

I'm still on the fence about separating both universes, but as long as they don't have two sets of characters one on each screen, I'm OK with that, and If they pursuit this second or other Justice League angle, I will double the OK's.

Amell then spoke about his cousin Robbie, who recently joined the cast of The Flash as Firestorm.

"[Greg Berlanti] told me about Robbie and Firestorm about two months before Robbie knew about it. Robbie texts me and goes, 'I GOT A JOB ON 'THE FLASH!'' All capitals and exclamation marks. I wrote back, 'I know,' and then welcomed him to the Justice League of America. Robbie and I, for being in the same business, the only time we've ever teamed up is in beer pong. We've never actually teamed up on screen together. I think eventually there's a chance that Oliver Queen and Mr. Firestorm may cross paths."

The talk then shifted to maybe having Green Lantern join the show.

"Now, boy we've referenced Ferris Air a lot. It would be really cool to have Green Lantern. Hopefully, that happens. I have no inside information, unless I do."

Finally, the actor spoke about the upcoming third season of Arrow, and his relationship with Colton Haynes' character, Arsenal.

"That is my favorite part about season three so far," Amell revealed. "The relationship between Colton Haynes' character and my character, we're in a really good spot. We're in a big brother/little brother spot. We have been trying to find little moments where I do everything short of giving him a noogie."

Source - CBR

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment