F Nick Blood Talks Lance Hunter & Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. Season 2 | Galactic News One

Nick Blood Talks Lance Hunter & Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. Season 2


One of the new additions to the roster of Agents of S.H.I.E.I.L.D. is the British actor Nick Blood, who will play Lance Hunter in the upcoming second season.

While on an interview with Marvel, Blood spoke about his character's background, and teased

"Well, I’m not going to tell you much, because I want you to watch it. [laughs] He’s based on a Marvel character, Lance Hunter, who in the comics was the head of S.T.R.I.K.E., which was kind of like the British equivalent of S.H.I.E.L.D. But that’s not necessarily [the direction we’re going in] “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” He’s British, he’s got military background, as did Lance [in the comics]. He kind of comes across the S.H.I.E.L.D. gang and ends up joining them. You’ll have to tune in to find out."

When we first meet up with Lance, we see that he has a very strong relationship with Lucy Lawless' character Isabelle "Izzy" Hartley and her team. Why?

"Yeah, they’re a real tight crew. There’s a couple of characters, Izzy and Idaho, and these guys have been through everything together. They’ve been together for a while, trust in each other explicitly, and they know each other inside out. They know what each other’s going to do before they do it. I think with that, with the experiences that they’ve gone through, comes a huge amount of love and respect for each other and a sort of deep caring for one another. So with Izzy, they’re thick as thieves. It was nice because my first few [scenes] were with [Lucy Lawless] and that was really nice to have somebody who is kind of new as well, but she knows the city really well and she’s done lots of work over here so she kind of [had that on me]."

Idaho is played by Wilmer Calderon (Fast & Furious, Annapolis).

The actor is best known in England for his work on Trollied, and Him & Her, so how what was his plan coming to America? Was there a plan?

"Yes and no, really. I had been over here a few times before, did a play at the Ahmanson Theatre last year for a couple of months and have representation over here. It felt like things were inching towards America, and I was close to a few things. When I got the phone call saying “[S.H.I.E.L.D.] looks like it’s popping up,” I was actually [looking] at another couple jobs because they were looking very promising. It felt like things were verging towards America, but it wasn’t a plan as such. It was all pretty rapid, you get used to the idea that you can have negotiations going on and you’re close to something but it doesn’t always come up, so I don’t allow myself to count my chickens before they’re hatched. I then got a phone call late at 2:00 a.m. on a Friday night and got the [“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”] job, and had a week to get ready. I was filming in this Danny Boyle project, “Babylon,” which will be on the Sundance channel over here, so I was filming that in London. I wrapped, and my only day off that week, I was directing a short film so I just had no time. It was a pretty stressful week, but kind of good in a way because it didn’t give me that time to sit and worry too much. It just meant cramming to see all my friends and family and get packed and all that. I wrapped on a Thursday night in London, got up at 5:00 a.m. the next morning, got on a plane, flew to L.A., got off the plane, drove to set and went into costuming, make-up, and filming. It was kind of a mad week.

I guess the biggest was missing all my family and friends. I’ve got a gorgeous niece and nephew who are both three and another niece on the way, so that’s kind of one of the hardest things about coming over here is not being around them. I’ve got a very close family and a lot of very close friends, they’re like a second family. Things have been cool, people have made me feel really at home and with the internet now and Skype and Facetime, you’re never too far away. The great thing is everyone wants to come and visit L.A. because the weather’s beautiful. So I’ve already had one visitor, I’ve got another one coming next week, another one coming a week after that, [and] I think I’ve got a friend coming out in October. But no, I just feel really grateful and fortunate that I’m in with such a bunch of great people. The execs really look out for you and keep their eye on everything."

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns on September 23rd.

Source - Marvel

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment