F Ivan Reitman Reveals Why He Won't Be Helming Ghostbusters 3 | Galactic News One

Ivan Reitman Reveals Why He Won't Be Helming Ghostbusters 3


It seems, as the new Ghostbusters movie won't continue with the story from the first two installments per say, as Bridesmaids director is reportedly working on a version of the script focused on an all-female cast.

Speaking with SHH, Ivan Reitman revealed why he decided to step away, and hand over the project to someone else.

"I am very involved. I’m a producer of the film. I wasn’t giving it all up. I suddenly felt that Ghostbusters didn’t necessarily need me as a director, at least I didn’t need to direct Ghostbusters, let me put it that way. Having done the other two and with the passing of Harold and with Bill Murray seeming disinterested being in it, I thought it was better for me just to produce it and to make sure we’re going to have the quality and style of what is appropriate for another version of that film. But the franchise could benefit from somebody else’s point of view. I’ve done it twice before and it will be great to get somebody else to lend a hand as well."

What do you think?

Source - Superhero Hype

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment