F SDCC'2014: Marvel Panel Recap; Ant-Man; Avengers: Age of Ultron; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Release Date; & More | Galactic News One

SDCC'2014: Marvel Panel Recap; Ant-Man; Avengers: Age of Ultron; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Release Date; & More


After days and hours of waiting in line for the Marvel Comic-Con panel, fans were greeted to a montage of the entire MCU, including Thanos, an the Guardians.

Chris Hardwick came out to moderate, and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige followed. The two had a quick chat about the release of Guardians of the Galaxy, and how this year we had a sequel, and brand new property, said Feige, who then added that "In 2015, we are doing something similar, Avengers: Age of Ultron is coming out, and then we have Ant-Man finally coming out."

Ant-Man director Peyton Reed came out to a pretty indifferent reception from fans, but then Feige introduced two of the newcomers to SDCC, "Both of these Ant-Men... Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas!" He also introduced Corey Stoll, who is playing Darren Cross, aka Yellowjacket and Evangeline Lilly, who will be playing Hank Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyne.

"I'm popping my comic-con cherry," said Paul Rudd. "It's a mindbender. I'm so honored to be a part of it. It's really thrilling. I've been doing this (acting) as a job for awhile, but this is a whole other thing!", he said about being in the MCU.

Hardwick, then turned to Michael Douglas and said, "Mr. Michael Douglas, I can't believe I'm saying this but we're popping your cherry as well...", to which the actor replied "I've popped enough cherries...". Douglas then went on to say "I have looked at Marvel's movies from afar with tremendous envy," the actor said about joining the MCU. "It's a wonderful story, being surrounded by these guys, Peyton, Paul, Evangeline, Corey, it's amazing."

Douglas also revealed that the story is "of a heist, with Hank's partner, Corey, trying to take their company into an evil direction, and it's up to his new mentee in Paul to take over and save the day."

After a lot of speculation, Evangeline Lilly is finally confirmed in the movie.

"Very glad to formally announce that I'm in this movie. I'm playing Hope, Hank Pym's daughter, but I don't even have a script yet, so I can't tell you anymore about it!"

As for Corey Stoll's Darren Cross, aka Yellowjacket, he is the former protegé of Hank Pym. "He does at some point obtain some Pym particles and give Ant-Man a run for his money, and he puts on the Yellowjacket suit and wreaks havoc."

Ant-Man hasn't start shoting so there wasn't anything to show, with the exception of visual effects tests.

"Look Dr. Pym, you're very nice, but I'm no Superhero." "Superheroes What a god damn joke," Hank replies. "Don't worry, Scott, it's asmall job." A shrunken Ant-Man runs along a roof, and jumps off onto the back of a flying ant. "Okay, yeah, I got this!"

The Ant-Man portion of the panel ended, and Feige announced that one of the stars of the Marvel MCU, writer/director Joss Whedon was in London recovering from knee surgery, but the entire cast of Avengers: Age of Ultron entered the room. Robert Downey Jr. came out with flowers, dancing, and threw them into the crowd. Then Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Cobie Smulders, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Paul Bettany, James Spader, and Elizabeth Olsen, joined him on stage.

"This is the largest bench of talent I've ever been a part of, and we have a great film coming up for you next year," said RDJ. "I become a little less significant every time, because they're all just so damn good."

"It's always thrilling (coming to Comic-Con). It's always a brand-new amazing thing. I'm very honored,” said Renner.

Hemsworth was asked if there was anything new he would like to do with Thor, to which the actor replied, "Turn him into a woman! I don't want to speak to early but I think it could be my Oscar." Huge laughs from the crowd.

Smulders said she "hoped" that Maria Hill would be around, but didn't expect it. "Joss brought me into this world and it's been fun. I just keep going, in the films, on TV, I'm so grateful."

Jackson said he's gotten used to wearing the eye patch. "I've got that down pat now, Kevin, you can cancel the insurance."

"Comic-Con is totally amazing. I've been coming here since Episode I for Star Wars. It validates me - everytime I come here, I feel the love and it makes me want to make movies the rest of the year. We make movies because we want to entertain you guys, and I make movies because I want to see myself in them!" said Jackson.

Evans then said, "Hemsworth IS Thor, he's huge, it's hard to keep up" when asked about their muscles. "I think Cap is getting there, he's up to speed, but he's still looking for a place to belong. He's spent so much time as a servant, a soldier, this chain of command."

Taylor-Johnson said it's "pretty overwhelming and surreal" being the new guy. "It's incredible, being part of this gang, and the great actors. In The Avengers, the characters have such a dynamic in the group. Everyone sort of stands out. They bounce off each other and there's a journey, happy and sad moments. I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Marvel movies and I'm so excited to be part of this one."

Bettany then joked, "I used to turn up to a dark room for 45 minutes and get a bag of cash. Now I have to work."

"It's the most exciting thing that has ever happened to my children. So that's pretty cool. I've had to keep this secret for a year and a half, and so have my kids, which is pretty impressive!"

Spader talked Ultron, "I always thought my whole life that it could never get weird or crazy enough for me. This place may be the weirdest, craziest place I've ever been. It's because of all you guys, and I thank you for that because it's really fantastically crazy!"

"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie. I've always played humans up until now. It was - shooting this film was as startling and surprising and challenging and exciting as coming here for the first time! Doing this film, everything was so entirely new, the process of making it, playing this character, all of the people, the world I was entering. Even just the part of the movie business that these films inhabit was new to me. It's just unimaginably exciting."

Olsen said, "This is quite a list of people to be following right now.”

"It's been awesome. I was really intimidated by all the people I was going to work with, and they've all been incredibly welcoming. It's fun to bring new elements to the game, there's Magic, Muta...ted people. It adds something epic to the fights, we get to do something different. Where Marvel's going with all their other films as well it feels like just the beginning."

Scarlett Johansson couldn't be present because of the pregnancy, but asked Feige if he could roll on a video – TIME FOR A FIRST LOOK.

The team is sitting around, hanging out, having drinks, and Tony starts tring to left Mjolnir. Iron Patriot joins in. Banner tries. Cap pulls on it - and it MOVES!. Black Widow doesn't bother. "You're all not Worthy," Thor jokes to them. "How could you be worthy? You're all killers. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change," Ultron says, "There's only one way to protect the world - your extinction."


A montage clip rolled next (Ultron is clearly made up of old Iron Man armors now). Banner lost alone in wilderness. New Iron Man armor. Scarlet Witch going nuts. HULKBUSTER ARMOR. Quicksilver running. Hulk and Hulkbuster Iron Man fighting. Black Widow calming Hulk down. Now full on strong metal Ultron. "Oh look - no strings on me."


Cap's shield broken, everyone laying seamingly dead or defeated - and only Tony Stark looking at the carnage. The entire room is on their feet screaming and cheering, just madness in here.

The montage ended and RDJ said he didn't knew how you top Ultron villain-wise, and than Josh Brolin walks in wearing Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet!

A satallite feed from London of James Gunn and Star-Lord filled the screen, and the director said he would like to announce Guardians of the Galaxy 2, but they weren't greenlit yet, OH WAIT! July28, 2017 BOOMM!

And that's that.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment