F John Wesley Shipp Talks About Passing On The Role Of The Flash And More | Galactic News One

John Wesley Shipp Talks About Passing On The Role Of The Flash And More


In a nod to the 90's The Flash live-action show, writers Greg Berlanti, Gardner Fox, Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Harry Lampert decided to cast John Wesley Shipp, who played the Flash in the 90's, as the biological father of this new Flash.

In a recent interview to CBT, Shipp talked about passing the baton to a new generation, his new role in the upcoming series, and working with Grant Gustin.

"They made an offer. They called my agent and said they wanted to talk. When I heard about it, people were saying ‘Jay Garrick! Jay Garrick! Jay Garrick!’ I thought ‘Yeah, I guess a mentor figure.’ I thought that was pretty limited. Then I heard about Geoff Johns reboot where he re-imagined the Allen family and the fact that the father is imprisoned, convicted wrongfully, for killing his wife. I thought ‘Wait a minute! That’s the character!’" 

When asked about working with Gustin, he said.

"He is very real in his work. Very truthful. He’s invested, and sincere is just a good word for him. After having worked with him in the pilot, I know just how good of an actor he really is. How much depth there is. It’s a pilot that has a lot of depth. It has a lot of flash and dazzle, but then there’s emotional depth."

Shipp went on to talk about passing on the role to a new, younger Flash.

"I don’t know what I can say without giving stuff away! All I can say, if people were disappointed that I’m not playing Jay Garrick because they wanted to see the baton passed, they’re going to get that. [...] It’s awfully effective."

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment