F Gwen Stacy Talks About Her Father's Death In Daily Bugle Interview | Galactic News One

Gwen Stacy Talks About Her Father's Death In Daily Bugle Interview


In memory of Captain George Stacy's death by the Lizard, the Daily Bugle is releasing an exclusive interview with the Stacy family.

By Ned Leeds

Today marks the one-year anniversary of the Lizard’s attack on Manhattan and the death of Captain George Stacy, of New York City Police Department’s Major Crimes Unit. Stacy was a decorated police veteran who left behind a loving wife and four children. In this Daily Bugle exclusive we spoke with the Stacy family, Helen, who lost a heroic husband that day, and Gwen, Phillip, Howard, and Simon, who lost their father.

Daily Bugle: Helen, is this a hard anniversary to commemorate?
Helen Stacy: It’s hard to believe George died a year ago. That night, that call, it still hurts as if it happened five seconds ago.

DB: Does your family take any solace that Curt Connors will spend the rest of his life in prison?
Helen Stacy: I think that would have mattered much more to George, just to know Connors is paying for his crimes. He cared very deeply about the law and about justice.

DB: Gwen, your graduation from Midtown Science High School is coming up and you are the valedictorian. How proud would your father have been?
Gwen Stacy: Very proud, I’m sure. (fighting back tears) And nervous for me, and concerned because he wouldn’t want me to be scared. And excited for my future.

DB: Do you ever have any regrets that Spider-Man and your father saved the city but only one of them walked away that night?
Gwen Stacy: I think… (long pause) I think both of them did what they thought needed to be done without regard to the risk. I think both of them were heroes that night. I regret that my dad died, but not at the expense of anyone else.

DB: What about the kids? What do your classmates say about that night?
Simon Stacy: All my friends think that Spidey was totally cool, but that my dad was the coolest!

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment