F Carrie Fisher Talks About Killing Jabba, The Original Cast And Playing Leia This Time | Galactic News One

Carrie Fisher Talks About Killing Jabba, The Original Cast And Playing Leia This Time


This past Saturday, actress Carrie Fisher attended the Hay Festival in Wales and answered some Star Wars questions, like meeting the old "gang" again, how will she play her character this time around and killing Jabba.

The actress, who is known for occasionally saying the odd thing, said that the original cast looked "a little melted".

"We all look a little melted. It's good to see other melted people," Fisher told the audience. "And it is good to have us all in a room because it's unique. I mean, I don't suppose they have reunions for the Gone With The Wind gang."

Fisher then went on to explain that in the original trilogy she had a faux British accent, which she is now trying to correct.

"We are doing it over again so I can get Princess Leia right this time. I think less British. I looked a little pretentious faking the accent. It was sort of a viral accent – it came and went. I would rather have played Han Solo. When I first read the script I thought that's the part to be, always wry and sardonic. He's always that. I feel like a lot of the time Leia's either worried or pissed or, thank God, sort of snarky. But I'm much more worried and pissed than Han Solo ever was, and those aren't fun things to play."

The actress then went on to talk about the famous scene in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, where she strangles Jabba.

"I had a lot of fun. They asked me on the day if I wanted to have a stunt double kill Jabba. No! That's the best time I ever had as an actor. And the only reason to go into acting is if you can kill a giant monster."

Besides Fisher, Star Wars: Episode VII also stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment