F Gareth Evans On The Raid 3 | Galactic News One

Gareth Evans On The Raid 3


Great and simple story, masterfully choreographed fighting scenes and good casting makes Gareth Evans’ The Raid and The Raid 2 go into my top 10 martial arts movies list, so I was hoping that a third one was already being planned, but unfortunately no.

In a recent interview the director confessed that he is taking a break from The Raid franchise for the next couple of years, but adds that he will return.

“I’m not touching The Raid 3 for a couple of years from now. I don’t have any plans to do The Raid 3 within the next two or three years so I’m going to take a break from that franchise for a bit. I want to do some things outside of Indonesia for like two films, then come back to Indonesia and shoot The Raid 3.”

It’s probably for the best. Getting too attached at only one property can backfire, and then you become that guy who only does those movies but having said that, the director does say that he is doing another movie with The Raid star Iko Uwais.

“I have another one I want to shoot with him first. Still in the action genre and it’s something that he needs to train for a fair amount of time. You have to make good with some weaponry, my friend.”

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment