F Matthew Perry To Co-Write, Executive-Produce And Star In The Odd Couple Series For CBS | Galactic News One

Matthew Perry To Co-Write, Executive-Produce And Star In The Odd Couple Series For CBS


According to Deadline Matthew Perry is set to executive-produce, star and co-write alongside Danny Jacobson, The Odd Couple for CBS. The comedy is an adaptation of Neil Simon’s 1965 Broadway play starring Walter Matthau and Art Carney as two completely opposite men sharing an apartment. The Odd Couple was also adapted to film in 1968 and for tv in 1970.

Perry will star as Oscar Madison but no news regarding the Felix Ungar part. For the actor this seems like a dream come true:
“Ever since seeing the movie The Odd Couple when I was 10 years old, it has been a dream for me to play Oscar Madison.  To be given the opportunity to develop a modern version of it for CBS has put a permanent smile across my face. I met up with a wonderful writing partner in Danny Jacobson. We both have such a passion for the source material that we have instantly become obsessed with making this great. Plus, I think it’s time for me to be in front of a live audience again. I miss that. The search for Felix Ungar is on!”

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment