F Peter Jackson Isn't Interested In Helming A Superhero Movie | Galactic News One

Peter Jackson Isn't Interested In Helming A Superhero Movie


With the odd vacation (King Kong, The Lovely Bones) Peter Jackson has spent the last fifteen years or so living in Middle-Earth, but now that his time there has come to an end what will do? Well, apparently not some big blockbuster.

"I don't really like the Hollywood blockbuster bandwagon that exists right now," Jackson said in a recent interview. "The industry and the advent of all the technology, has kind of lost its way. It's become very franchise driven and superhero driven. I've never read a comic book in my life so I'm immediately at a disadvantage and I have no interest in that. So now it's time for us to step back. We're heading towards something of that scale."

Putting aside his recent statement where he said that wouldn't mind returning to Middle-Earth in a few years, I'm surprised to hear Jackson say these words. Let's not forget that he worked on two gigantic franchises (LOTR, Hobbit), so he is (like it or not) part of the bandwagon, plus he uses all the latest technology available and at times pushes it (frame rate), but sure why not.

Jackson wouldn't be the first director to helm a comic book movie without ever reading one, but he sounds more keen on helming something smaller than that.

"So, yes, I'm not going to head off and do a Marvel film. So if I don't do a Marvel film, I don't have any other choice -- I've got to go make a small New Zealand movie!"

What do you make of Jackson's comments?

Source - Movie Fone

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment