F Jonathan Frakes Reached Out To J.J. Abrams To Helm Star Trek 3 | Galactic News One

Jonathan Frakes Reached Out To J.J. Abrams To Helm Star Trek 3


When news broke out that Roberto Orci wouldn't be the one helming the third entry in the new Star Trek franchise, some fans began championing for actor/director Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation) to take the helm of the property. Well it seem like Frakes liked that idea and started making some phone calls.

During an interview with Komo News, Frakes was asked about it.

Frakes says he's made first contact with Producer J.J. Abrams, and his agent has reached out to Paramount Pictures. "I would love that job," he says.

Typically, directors are coy about their ambitions. Not Frakes. "I say, unabashedly, I'd be great at it and would love to do it."
He tells me, "I'm trying to keep the lid on how excited I am about the possibility, knowing it's such a long shot. But there's nothing I would like better."

For those of you that don't know, Frakes directed some episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, as well as the feature films, Star Trek: First Contact, and Star Trek: Insurrection. More recently, the actor/director sat in the director chair for some episode of Castle, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Falling Skies, among others.

What do you think of Frakes helming Star Trek 3?


Source - Komo News

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment