F Adam Driver & Mark Hamill Talk Star Wars: The Force Awakens; New Look At R2-D2 | Galactic News One

Adam Driver & Mark Hamill Talk Star Wars: The Force Awakens; New Look At R2-D2


Adam Driver's character was suspiciously absent from that tiny sneak peek from J.J. Abrams take on the galaxy far, far away. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly the newcomer to the franchise didn't divulge who his character his but revealed instead what are the themes he most identifies with.

"I always think back to the original movies and to those quieter moments where Luke is out in A New Hope, and there are the two suns setting," said Driver.  He continued, " It is the equivalent, basically, of a farm boy dying to get out of his small town and do something bigger. It’s those kinds of universal themes that ground this whole thing in space.” 

Unlike Driver Star Wars veteran, Mark Hamill has gained a new perspective for his role and universe.

"I don’t know that I’m even completely recovered from my state of shock [on getting the call on the new trilogy].  Part of the experience of [Star Wars] in my life was coming down from that, putting it behind me. We had a beginning, a middle, and an end. And I certainly, in a million years, never expected to return. I thought, ‘Even if they do more trilogies, my story is over.’  It’s kind of like Scrooge on Christmas morning.  ‘Oh my God, this time I’m going to appreciate it in a way I wasn’t able to as a young man.’ 


Changing from news outlets, Total Film has unveiled their cover for the upcoming February 2015 issue, which features a very familiar droid.


Source - EW

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment