F Joel Edgerton Would Like To Reprise Uncle Owen Role In Rumored Obi-Wan Spin-Off | Galactic News One

Joel Edgerton Would Like To Reprise Uncle Owen Role In Rumored Obi-Wan Spin-Off


The most recent rumors in the galaxy far, far way concerned one of the upcoming spin-offs. The rumor stated that Obi-Wan had been chosen for one the offshoots, and that a trilogy focused on the character was being developed (obligatory grain of salt here!).

The last time we saw the character he had just delivered baby Luke to Aunt Beru, and Uncle Owen. Speaking to Superhero Hype, Joel Edgerton, who played Uncle Owen in Episode III, revealed that he has no idea if a movie that would bring back Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan is being developed, but was quick to say that he would love to see what made Owen hate Old Ben so much by the time of Episode IV.

"Yeah, there’s great drama there and I should be involved. Actually, when it was first mentioned to me today I thought, “Ooh, that sounds cool.” I think what’s going on in London right now sounds cool, ’cause I reckon [J.J. Abrams] is a great keeper, he’s sorta proved himself to be a great shoemaker, the great reboot master. I think he’s excellent at story and he’s excellent at character and bringing new faces to the screen as well as old. I don’t believe if you were gonna reboot “Star Wars” or tell new stories was to fill it with ultra-famous people. I love the way he cast it, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, but then a bunch of people that you hardly even know."

The actor then got excited and began thinking about a possible story that would make his character return.

"And I could actually be a good… as long as I get to do some good action sh*t, you know? I don’t want to just be a nerdy moisture farmer. Looking at Owen in “Episode IV” it looked like he’d been through some sh*t too, and as you say it looked like there was a bit of a fractiousness there. I like to think that he was employed on the battlefield, in the air… Okay, we’re gonna talk about this. This is a necessary addition to my film canon, it gives me another chance to do something more than just rub my hands on a rag and shake Anakin’s hand."

What do you think?

Source - Superhero Hype

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment