F Steve Carell Talks Despicable Me 2 And Being A Surprise Guest At The Office | Galactic News One

Steve Carell Talks Despicable Me 2 And Being A Surprise Guest At The Office


In a recent interview to collider, actor Steve Carell spoke about how his character was changed by his daughters and how he is suddenly working for the good guys, in Despicable Me 2, starring Ken Jeong, Kristen Wiig, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Moises Arias, Benjamin Bratt and Steve Coogan.

“…
How do you like returning to this role and do you like how your character has evolved in the sequel?
Carell:  I love it.  I think the movie itself is an evolution.  It’s a natural extension of the first movie, which I thought was smart.  The characters changed and grew, no pun intended, but at the same time the sense of the movie feels familiar.  The tone of it is the same as the first one, but the family is different.  That dynamic is different, and he’s no longer officially a villain.  And not to make too fine a point on it, because you don’t want to over analyze the movie, but there are certain things that struck me about the story.  One is that Gru is looking, he’s searching for what’s he’s going to do.  He thinks he’s going to start a jam and jelly business, and that doesn’t seem to be working out.  He can’t go back to being a villain, but ultimately he needs something that will fulfill him, which is a very relatable thing for parents, because when you do have kids, I found, it becomes all about the kids, and it’s very easy to lose your sense of self within that.  You do have to keep your career and that side of it intact, because ultimately that makes you a better parent as well.
I think we all fantasize about having our own Minions in real life.  If you had your own group of Minions, what would you have them do for you?
Carell:  Car wash.  Because I figure they’re sort of porous, like sponges.  I think they would make a perfect…just spin them around and drive a car through, and they would wash, wax and polish your car.  I can’t imagine anyone could do it better than the Minions. 
Your appearance in the final episode of The Office was such a great surprise.  How early in the process did you know and how did you keep it a secret?
Carell:  I lied for months to the press, to almost everyone really.  I felt terribly for the cast and for Greg Daniels, because they all lied, too.  They all went on talk shows and everyone just lied continually.  We just figured it would be a fun surprise if people weren’t expecting it.  I didn’t want it to be a big, big thing.  I did it out of respect for the show and the actors, and it was based out of that.  And how early?  Several months.  I talked to Greg Daniels about it.  My only hope with it was that I didn’t want it to be about Michael coming back.  I didn’t want the story to be about him in any way.  I wanted it to be more of a tip of the hat to the show.
…”

Despicable Me 2 Synopsis:
Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s worldwide blockbuster, Despicable Me, delighted audiences around the globe in 2010, grossing more than $540 million and becoming the 10th-biggest animated motion picture in U.S. history. In Summer 2013, get ready for more minion madness in Despicable Me 2. Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed filmmaking team create an all-new comedy animated adventure featuring the return of Gru (Steve Carell), the girls, the unpredictably hilarious minions…and a host of new and outrageously funny characters.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment