F Michael Ealy Talks Almost Human | Galactic News One

Michael Ealy Talks Almost Human


In an interview to Collider, Michael Ealy spoke about his new tv project Almost Human, co-starring Karl Urban.

“What drew you to Almost Human?
MICHAEL EALY:  I had a meeting with Joel [Wyman].  At first, I was worried about playing a synthetic, or droid because I had never done that before.  I thought, “Well, where does this droid go?  Can he have a love interest?  Can he have sex?”  You start thinking, “What is there left to do?,” especially over five or six years.  What’s he gonna do?  For me, it was sitting down with Joel and understanding everything from the design to when he was in existence to how his model was terminated.  Then, you see him come back, which he views as a second chance.  Obviously, the script and the pedigree of the producers – J.J. [Abrams] and Joel and Bryan [Burk] – was just on a whole different level.  I’m really looking forward to where this thing can go, and not knowing.  Right now, all I know is my character’s background, and that can take me so many different places.  But, it was a challenge, definitely.  I didn’t want to do what other actors have done.  I don’t want to say names, but I wanted to avoid certain clichés, as a droid.
What do you think will excite science-fiction fans the most about the show?
EALY:  I think there’s definitely some mythology that will attract the sci-fi fans.  There’s plenty of action that will thrill the adrenaline junkies.  And honestly, the way that Joel broke down the story to me is that Dorian represents the humanity that we all take for granted.  So, the action will be great and the sci-fi will be great, but you’ll actually find a connection.  You’ll find it strange that you’re connecting with a machine.  That’s the more broad appeal of the show, I think.  And hopefully, that’ll bring the audience beyond the sci-fi, beyond the adrenaline, and beyond the cop show.  It will actually broaden the audience with this question of, “What is almost human?””


Almost Human Synopsis:
Executive-produced by Emmy Award winner J.J. Abrams (“Fringe,” “Lost,” the “Star Trek” and “Mission: Impossible” franchises) and creator J.H. Wyman (“Fringe,” “The Mexican”) and starring Karl Urban (“Star Trek”), Michael Ealy (“Sleeper Cell,” “Common Law”) and Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor (“Six Feet Under,”), ALMOST HUMAN is a high-tech, high-stakes action drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. An unlikely partnership is forged when a part-machine cop (Urban) is forced to pair with a part-human robot (Ealy) as they fight crime and investigate a deeper cover-up in a futuristic new world.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment