F Giancarlo Esposito Talks Revolution | Galactic News One

Giancarlo Esposito Talks Revolution


In an interview to SFX, Giancarlo Esposito talked about the appeal of Revolution and the possibility of being typecast for similar roles.

“What attracted you to Revolution?

Storyline. Completely the storyline and the folks that were on the team. I thought this story was very topical and this is a show that could really gain some attention because of social economic scientific things it was saying. And because we’re in a place in our world where this is a story that could really happen. This “what if” challenge that our wonderful writer Eric Kripke has posed is something we could really think about. So, that was my attraction.

Also my attraction was that we had such an A list group of creators. When you work in the business for a while, you do a lot of things. Some things you do for money, most of the time I’ve been very blessed to do things for their creative nature and their depth. So, I looked at the list and Jon Favreau was a guy I thought was just at the top of his game. JJ Abrams obviously being connected to the show gives the show an incredible credibility and brings his incredible talent to our project. And Kripke. Put all those together. I also didn’t think that I ever wanted to be in a sci-fi show, because the reality of that is that they are very big, and sometimes it becomes about the sci-fi and not about the drama. And I like that Revolution is about both.
...
Given that you’re so good at doing that whole “evil with a smile” thing, are you concerned with being typecast?

Look, when you do something good, they’ll ask you to do it again. I want to bring this level of depth and I want to bring this kind of villain – if you wanna call him a villain – to the forefront, so that it’s so big, that it’s done. So yeah, with Gus I didn’t wanna play the guy with the evil laugh… You’ve seen all that, I want to do something original. Which is why I feel like Tom is different. He’s a storyteller, he’s in service, he’s not top dog… All these things I wanted to do, and I still want to make him vulnerable and allow him to be many different things, because I think that’s human. But eventually, I don’t want to do a Tom character again after this; I want to do a comedy and tap dance on the table. I want to grow in a different way.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment