F Elijah Wood Talks Wilfred Season 3 | Galactic News One

Elijah Wood Talks Wilfred Season 3


With Wilfred coming back to FX for the third season, Elijah Wood talks to Collider about his character mental health and his favorite moment from the season.

“Question:  Now that Ryan is wondering if he really is mentally ill, how will that affect what’s going on?
ELIJAH WOOD:  We don’t really address that head-on, any further in this season, but I think it’s always been there, even if we haven’t talked about it.  It was interesting to see Ryan, in the first episode, addressing it for the first time and being self-aware that that could potentially be the reason for Wilfred’s existence.  From here on out, having established that as a possibility, it will always be there, as a way to potentially look at each of the scenarios that he gets himself into with Wilfred.  But, because we don’t outright answer it outright, there’s still a sense of ambiguity, as to what Wilfred is.  And it’s important for the show that we don’t necessarily answer that question.

Do you have your own answer, for why Ryan sees Wilfred?
WOOD:  I do, yeah.  I have an idea.  I’ve made up my mind as to what I think Wilfred is.  I don’t know that that’s reflective of what the character has decided, though.  When Ryan meets Wilfred in the first season, it’s really in a way that he just accepts Wilfred’s existence.  From there on out, even though there are these questions, and he does question what Wilfred is, there’s a deeper level of acceptance and recognizing that Wilfred’s purpose, albeit uncertain, as to where he’s manifesting from and what it means.  I don’t know what Ryan has decided, but I have an idea.  I think that perspective probably does help me in playing the character, but overall, there’s just a sense of general acceptance for Ryan.
Do you have a favorite moment, from this season?
WOOD:  In Episode 3, the caper aspect of that episode, between Wilfred and Ryan, was something that we experienced, for the first time this season, and that was something that we all really loved.  I love the idea of Ryan and Wilfred not always being in a combative relationship, but rather actually working toward something together.  It was a blast.  It was really fun, particularly that scene where we bust in to the guy’s car.  I think that’s something that we’d like to continue doing.

…”
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment