F Elizabeth Banks Chokes Becky G. In New Power Rangers Image | Galactic News One

Elizabeth Banks Chokes Becky G. In New Power Rangers Image


Ahead of San Diego Comic-Con Lionsgate has released a new image for Dean Israelite's upcoming Power Rangers movie reboot featuring an action scene between Becky G. as teen hero Trini the Yellow Ranger and Elizabeth Banks as the otherworldly villain Rita Repulsa.

"Rita tries to make Trini feel like she’s the weakest link of the Power Rangers, and she feels it’s easiest to go for her," the young actress told Entertainment Weekly. "Rita’s the type to play a lot of mind games, and Trini’s [thinking], 'Can I really overpower Rita Repulsa or can I not?'"


"When we did our blocking, our run through, Elizabeth and I really wanted and to make it fun, to make this scene as real as possible. Actually, I got to run through the wall a couple of times. I got thrown up against it and I got to break it myself. My stunt double of course was there, talking me through it, but I was really, really excited. It was a bit intimidating for me because, you know, it’s Elizabeth! I look up to her a lot as an actress, so getting to work one on one with her is really cool. I learned a lot, and there were moments when I had to hit her, and I was like, “Oh my God, I hope I don’t actually hit her!” She really let me be hands on in a lot of the fighting, so it was cool."

Saban's Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove - and the world - is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threats. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.

Opening in theaters on March 24, 2017, Power Rangers also stars Brian Cranston, Naomi Scott, Ludi Lin, Dacre Montgomery, and RJ Cyler.

Source - EW
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment