F Lucy Lawless Not Involved In Xena Reboot | Galactic News One

Lucy Lawless Not Involved In Xena Reboot


With talk of a younger, smart, sophisticated, and more Katniss-like Xena in NBC's planned reboot of the Warrior Princess, fans were still hoping that original series star Lucy Lawless would be involved in some capacity, that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I really don’t see that," Lawless told Den of Geek. "I’m probably not up for that gig. I can’t imagine how you could tell the story with me at 47-years-old and make it work." The actress elaborated. "I’ve never received a call about [the reboot]; it’s nothing to do with us, honestly, [though] I know [original series executive producer and Lawless's husband] Rob [Tapert] is meeting with them."

However, even if she's not directly involved, she hopes that the reboot will give fans the same thing the original series did, which for the actress is "friendship, self-empowerment, and honoring the individual."

"It’d be crazy not to make it one way or another," she says. "I just hope they can honor the original intent of the show…and I really do want Xena and Gabrielle to live again one way or another. I’d love to be part of that, but even if I’m not, I wish them well."

The reboot is still in the early stages of development, and it's currently looking for a writer.

Source - Den of Geek
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment