F Denis Villeneuve Would Love To Do A James Bond Movie | Galactic News One

Denis Villeneuve Would Love To Do A James Bond Movie


With Sam Mendes leaving after Spectre comes out, producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson will have to begin the arduous task of searching for a new director to take helm of the next installment(s) in the ever so popular James Bond franchise, or so we thought.

Speaking to ComingSoon, Prisoners, Enemy, and Sicario director Denis Villeneuve confessed his love for the property and revealed that he would like to direct a 007 flick someday.

"It’s strange, because I understand that each genre has its own specific rules, but for me, they are all movies," the filmmaker responded when pointed out that he is leaning towards more genre rather than drama. "I’m just attracted to try to do different things, and I was very excited to make a movie that required more action. I was raised with James Bond. I love James Bond movies. I would love to do a James Bond movie one day. Action is very cinematic. I’m not someone that loves dialogue – I am someone that loves movement. Action, if it’s well done, can be very poetic and meaningful."

With Sicario, Villeneuve demonstrated that he has a keen eye for action, and though it would be interesting to see what he would do with Bond, chances are that he won't be directing any 007 movies just yet. The filmmaker has a tight scheduled. He is currently busy promoting Sicario, which many are pegging as an Oscar contender, and is getting ready to start production on the Blade Runner sequel.

Source - ComingSoon
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment