F Alien: Paradise Lost Has A Connection To Ripley | Galactic News One

Alien: Paradise Lost Has A Connection To Ripley


Although he is promoting The Martian, Ridley Scott has been very talkative about the Prometheus sequel, or Alien: Paradise Lost as it is now titled. Besides the title, the filmmaker has also been giving some hints as to what to expect, and now while speaking to Empire, Scott has offered yet another detail that fans will most certainly appreciate.

"In a way it is Prometheus 2. It’s exactly the same story. But it was always in the works to be called that [Alien: Paradise Lost]." He said. "Is Prometheus actually taking us off course from where I’m going, which is actually backing into the first Alien… I’ve even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I’m not telling you what."

At first glance introducing not only a known element (Ripley) but also a beloved one seems like a good idea, but with Neill Blomkamp attached to direct a spiritual sequel to Aliens, I wonder if things won't start to get muddled and confusing, à la Prometheus style.

"I’m producing it," said Scott of Blomkamp's movie. "The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It’s more associated with Ripley, it’s a completely different angle, it’s more of a sequel. I’m coming in from the back end."

Muddled it is then. I'm still surprised that Scott decided to integrate one franchise into the other, especially since his original comments revealed that he wanted to use Prometheus to move away from Alien, despite all the obvious connections in the film. Regardless, I'm not a fan of Prometheus so I can't say I'm particularly eager for the sequel, but knowing that he has moved past his initial plan for the franchise is a step in the right direction for me.

Source - Empire
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment