F David Lynch To Direct The Entire Season 3 Of Twin Peaks; Possible 2016 Release | Galactic News One

David Lynch To Direct The Entire Season 3 Of Twin Peaks; Possible 2016 Release


After very public budgetary issues, threaten the return of David Lynch to the upcoming revival of Twin Peaks that he and Mark Frost created. However, both the director and Showtime found common ground and the third season of the cult series is now moving forward with Lynch attached to direct all of the so far confirmed nine episodes for a possible 2016 premiere on Showtime.

At the TCA portion of the panel for the show, Showtime's head David Nevins confirmed that production is expected to start this coming September for a potential 2016 release.

"You should be optimistic that the people that you want will be there, and then there will be some surprises in addition. I’m hoping we make 2016. It’s not clear. It’s ultimately going to be in their control. They’re going to shoot the whole thing and then they’ll start posting… but I’m hoping sooner rather than later."

As I mentioned before, Lynch's return to the series revival was met with budgetary constraints, but Nevins minimizes the occurrence and says Lynch not being involvement was never really a question.

"I never had any doubts we were going to get him back. This was a huge priority project to me. It became clear that it was going to take more than nine episodes, which was the originally planned for and budgeted length of the series. I really wanted to get David to direct the whole thing, and he wanted to direct the whole thing. We had to work out the details."

As for the actual story, Nevins slipped his way around the details.

"I promised David…that I wouldn’t say anything, certainly not going into what the content looks like. I feel like its very satisfying. There’s certain basic questions that I had at the end of the original three seasons given where Agent Cooper is, and I think those questions get answered. My interaction with David has been very 1:1…it’s been very private. I actually love working with David. It’s all very direct."

Although I'm always slightly suspicious of these long lost sequels or continuations, the excitement of David Lynch returning to direct a new season of Twin Peaks is something to be thrilled about.

Source - Collider
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment