F Ava DuVernay Won't Direct Marvel's Black Panther | Galactic News One

Ava DuVernay Won't Direct Marvel's Black Panther


After some courting, it looks like Marvel Studios and Ava DuVernay haven't come an understanding about where the Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) film should go.

"I'm not signing on to direct Black Panther," the filmmaker told Essence. "I think I’ll just say we had different ideas about what the story would be. Marvel has a certain way of doing things and I think they’re fantastic and a lot of people love what they do. I loved that they reached out to me."

Though she didn't specify what her ideas were or how they differed from those Marvel has for their overall shared cinematic universe, the Selma director did add that she liked meeting with everyone close to the project, but realized that the differences of opinion would not change, so signing on would have been a mistake.

"I loved meeting Chadwick and writers and all the Marvel execs," said DuVernay. "In the end, it comes down to story and perspective. And we just didn't see eye to eye. Better for me to realize that now than cite creative differences later."

Regardless, DuVernay wishes the best for everyone currently working on the project.

"I love the character of Black Panther, the nation of Wakanda and all that that could be visually. I wish them well and will be first in line to see it."

Before flying solo on July 6, 2018, Black Panther makes his MCU debut in Captain America: Civil War, which hits theaters on May 6, 2016.

Source - Essence
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment